180sx – Mazworx Gearbox Kit

Wow, 3 weeks since my last post, my bad for the lack of updates, I haven’t had much happening lately. But finally, after spending lots of time working and saving money, I now have these shiny new bits ready to go in the 180sx

IMG_8969

Ever since the car came off the dyno back in october, I’ve been waiting for it to blow the gearbox again. It destroyed the original one when it was on the dyno, then wrecked another one at Winton after 4 months.

I figured it was time to step it up a few stages and get something that can withstand the power because stock CA boxes just suck. My two options were either a Z32 box or an RB25 box, but unfortunately the only way I could use an RB25 box would be to get a cut n shut bellhousing done. On the other hand with the Z32, the guys from Mazworx in the U.S make an adapter plate for the CA to bolt up to a VG box. So, ordered the kit and started looking for a gearbox.

IMG_8955

Fortunately, the kit came with a tailshaft as well, so I didn’t have to get one made up. The only thing left to get is the gearbox and I can drive the 180sx again (finally).
I’m planning on going to Wakefield in 4 weeks time and still have a few more things I want to do. I really need to get my hydro handbrake mounted and plumbed in, then need to decide wether or not I want to change my whole brake setup or just get some new pads for now.

IMG_8971

The original plan was to have this in the car by this weekend but there was a little stuff up with the gearbox hunt, so it will have to wait until next week. Then I just need tyres and it’s ready to skid again!

Advertisements

Leave a Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s